Boyd Family Homeschool

Homeschooling many children on different levels can be a challenge. I have heard more than once, "how do you do it all?" It's called Multilevel teaching! I hope to inspire "Moms of Many" with my thoughts, ideas, trials and errors, plus discuss books, and curriculum that work for homeschooling larger families.

Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

I am the wife of a wonderful man, and a stay-at-home homeschooling Mom to 6 bright children so far. We have an awesome time with our homeschooling, and I hope I am leading my children into a love of and lifetime of learning through good books. I am also the Editor/Publisher of a Homeschool Support Group Newsletter, and a Homeschool Co-op Teacher. I teach both preschoolers, and journalism students. My journalism students put out a monthly newspaper called The Crusader.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Usborne Books = Good Education?

Usborne Books, which are found in many homeschooling curriculums, are not exactly what I think of as great learning! And yet, so many homeschooling companies are making them the staple of their science or history programs. As an educational reference, they might be okay, but in my opinion they aren't laid out very well.

Mom, think outside the curriculum box! Look at good books! There are so many sites on the internet for great reading lists! Here are just a few to start you off:

www.classicalhomeschooling.org/celoop/100.html
www.interleaves.org/~rteeter/greatbks.html
www.geocities.com/Athens/Atlantis/4360
www.anova.org
www.ccel.org/index/classics.html

Provide your child a love of learning, provide a good book! Happy reading!

"Education is not the filling of a bucket, but the lighting of a fire."-Yeats

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home