Boyd Family Homeschool

Homeschooling many children on different levels can be a challenge. I have heard more than once, "how do you do it all?" It's called Multilevel teaching! I hope to inspire "Moms of Many" with my thoughts, ideas, trials and errors, plus discuss books, and curriculum that work for homeschooling larger families.

Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

I am the wife of a wonderful man, and a stay-at-home homeschooling Mom to 6 bright children so far. We have an awesome time with our homeschooling, and I hope I am leading my children into a love of and lifetime of learning through good books. I am also the Editor/Publisher of a Homeschool Support Group Newsletter, and a Homeschool Co-op Teacher. I teach both preschoolers, and journalism students. My journalism students put out a monthly newspaper called The Crusader.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Hot Cocoa Recipes for Large Families

Here are a couple of Hot Cocoa Mixes I have collected over the years.

Hot Cocoa Mix
16 quart powdered milk2 lb. can of Nestle Quik
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup powdered cream
Stir all together in a tupperware (large) container for storing.When you are ready to use it, put 1/4 cup dry mix in a mug and add boiling water to it. Adjust dry amount for your own personal taste.

Hot Cocoa Recipe
Chocolate pudding makes the hot cocoa creamier. Put the mix in decorative jars as Christmas gifts.
Hot Chocolate Mix
1(5 to 6 qt.) box powered milk
1 cup powdered sugar (or more)
1 cup Nestle's Quik
1/2 cup powdered coffee creamer
1 box instant chocolate pudding
1/4 to 1/2 cup cocoa
Combine ingredients. Use 1/3-cup mix to 1 cup hot water.

Snowman's Soup
1 Hershey kiss in the bottom of a mug
6 oz of hot water or milk
1 package of Swiss Miss Instant Cocoa
handfull of mini marshmallows
1 candy cane to stir
This is a Boyd Family Favorite! Just mix it up and stir with candy cane! My children LOVE it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home