Boyd Family Homeschool

Homeschooling many children on different levels can be a challenge. I have heard more than once, "how do you do it all?" It's called Multilevel teaching! I hope to inspire "Moms of Many" with my thoughts, ideas, trials and errors, plus discuss books, and curriculum that work for homeschooling larger families.

Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

I am the wife of a wonderful man, and a stay-at-home homeschooling Mom to 6 bright children so far. We have an awesome time with our homeschooling, and I hope I am leading my children into a love of and lifetime of learning through good books. I am also the Editor/Publisher of a Homeschool Support Group Newsletter, and a Homeschool Co-op Teacher. I teach both preschoolers, and journalism students. My journalism students put out a monthly newspaper called The Crusader.

Friday, November 04, 2005

Grading

I also want to address grading and keeping up with files. I grade as we go. When the children are done with their work, they hand it in and I grade them. If any problems are missed or they have the wrong answer, I hand it back and they correct the error. 90% isn’t mastery. I want my children to master what they learn. So we grade everything as we go, and I mark their grades on a grade sheet. After they have corrected their errors, their loose papers go into a large manila envelope. Each child has an envelope with the students name, grade, and school year on it. I have tried many different methods to keep up with things, but this manila envelope and grading as we go has worked for us. I can then put our lesson planner, and any notebooks in a box with the envelopes, and tuck it in the attic, in the event we ever need it. This really has simplified my life!

Happy Homeschooling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home