Boyd Family Homeschool

Homeschooling many children on different levels can be a challenge. I have heard more than once, "how do you do it all?" It's called Multilevel teaching! I hope to inspire "Moms of Many" with my thoughts, ideas, trials and errors, plus discuss books, and curriculum that work for homeschooling larger families.

Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

I am the wife of a wonderful man, and a stay-at-home homeschooling Mom to 6 bright children so far. We have an awesome time with our homeschooling, and I hope I am leading my children into a love of and lifetime of learning through good books. I am also the Editor/Publisher of a Homeschool Support Group Newsletter, and a Homeschool Co-op Teacher. I teach both preschoolers, and journalism students. My journalism students put out a monthly newspaper called The Crusader.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Duggar Family

I have been keeping up with postings on blogs about the Duggar Family, and I must say, "People are cruel!" You know, I would venture to say a good bit of those that are saying she shouldn't be having that many, are the same people that are pro-choice and want to keep abortions legal. You can't have your cake and eat it too! If you don't want anyone to tell you what to do, don't be telling others how to live!

I actually love to see that large family on TV!!! Ok, the clothes and hair are a bit outdated, but aside from that, they are normal...or what normal used to be. I think we have become so jaded that we look at overly made up, scantily clad teens with either their bellies or underwear showing, and think that this is normal! Blech! It is interesting to see how a family that large functions! With just our 6 children, it feels like living in a fishbowl...people are always looking. I can only imagine how they feel!

A large family isn't for everyone. It isn't easy. It can be alot of fun! Homeschooling a large family is really interesting. I try to keep everyone doing the same subject at the same time, and if possible using the same book, like for science and history. Math time is a juggling act, and by the end of that hour I am dizzy from rounding the table so much! But that is another story!

I am in awe of what the Lord is doing in the Duggars lives. The Lord has blessed you Michelle and Jim Bob! Congrats on your newest addition, Johannah Faith!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home