Boyd Family Homeschool

Homeschooling many children on different levels can be a challenge. I have heard more than once, "how do you do it all?" It's called Multilevel teaching! I hope to inspire "Moms of Many" with my thoughts, ideas, trials and errors, plus discuss books, and curriculum that work for homeschooling larger families.

Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

I am the wife of a wonderful man, and a stay-at-home homeschooling Mom to 6 bright children so far. We have an awesome time with our homeschooling, and I hope I am leading my children into a love of and lifetime of learning through good books. I am also the Editor/Publisher of a Homeschool Support Group Newsletter, and a Homeschool Co-op Teacher. I teach both preschoolers, and journalism students. My journalism students put out a monthly newspaper called The Crusader.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

8:30 am Saxon Math

8:30 am-Our next class is Math.

The children learn math on their own ability level. We do learn some things together. We all discuss time, calendars, and counting by 2’s, 5’s, 10’s, well you get the picture! We use Saxon Math, along with the Dive CD's. I start Hunter (5th Grade) off at the computer working on his lesson with the Math 65 Dive CD. Payton Nicole (4th Grade) and Courtney (3rd grade) sit down at the kitchen table and start on their timed math worksheets. I put Emma in the playpen with her Dolly, and Noah at the kitchen table with some math manipulatives, and then I sit down with Logan and teach him from Saxon Math K. Hunter moves on to his Math 65 bookwork and his timed worksheet, while Payton Nicole moves on to the computer to learn her lesson with the Saxon 54 Dive CD. Courtney is working on her Saxon Math 3 worksheet. When Payton Nicole finishes, she will move on to her bookwork. After Logan is done with his Math, he plays with the math manipulatives, and Noah has moved on to an educational computer game. I round the table to the point to being dizzy! We have completed 4 levels of math in about one hour, and everyone is doing excellent in math!

It can be done! Have confidence! It doesn't have to take all day!

Happy Homeschooling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home