Boyd Family Homeschool

Homeschooling many children on different levels can be a challenge. I have heard more than once, "how do you do it all?" It's called Multilevel teaching! I hope to inspire "Moms of Many" with my thoughts, ideas, trials and errors, plus discuss books, and curriculum that work for homeschooling larger families.

Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

I am the wife of a wonderful man, and a stay-at-home homeschooling Mom to 6 bright children so far. We have an awesome time with our homeschooling, and I hope I am leading my children into a love of and lifetime of learning through good books. I am also the Editor/Publisher of a Homeschool Support Group Newsletter, and a Homeschool Co-op Teacher. I teach both preschoolers, and journalism students. My journalism students put out a monthly newspaper called The Crusader.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

8:00 am Bible

8:00 am-We begin our day with the Bible.

God is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I use that as a model for my day. We start our day and end our day with the Lord.

All my children are sitting around me while we say prayers for those on our prayer list, and then I read our Bible verses for the day. Everyone has the same verses and the same discussion about those verses. Logan (Kindergarten) has a coloring sheet that goes along with the verses of the day, while Noah is sitting on a blanket in the floor with a few quiet toys. Emma has just gotten up, and is sitting in my lap being very cute and snuggly. Hunter, Payton Nicole, and Courtney listen quietly, and then tell me what they think the verses mean after I am done reading. This is a very precious time!

After we are done, Noah (3 years old) watches an educational video, while Emma (15 months) is eating cheerios in her high chair. Bible doesn’t usually take us a full 30 minutes, so that extra time is used toward Math or Language Arts.

Happy Homeschooling!

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn T Lippert said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home