Boyd Family Homeschool

Homeschooling many children on different levels can be a challenge. I have heard more than once, "how do you do it all?" It's called Multilevel teaching! I hope to inspire "Moms of Many" with my thoughts, ideas, trials and errors, plus discuss books, and curriculum that work for homeschooling larger families.

Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

I am the wife of a wonderful man, and a stay-at-home homeschooling Mom to 6 bright children so far. We have an awesome time with our homeschooling, and I hope I am leading my children into a love of and lifetime of learning through good books. I am also the Editor/Publisher of a Homeschool Support Group Newsletter, and a Homeschool Co-op Teacher. I teach both preschoolers, and journalism students. My journalism students put out a monthly newspaper called The Crusader.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

12:00pm - 2:30pm Afterschool Hours

12:00pm-Lunch time! Come and get it! We bless the food, pray for those who need prayers, and then we all eat together and discuss what we will be doing tomorrow in our schoolwork. After lunch, we clean the kitchen up and quickly do a few chores.

12:30pm-Oh no, our day doesn’t end there! Hunter sits down in the kitchen to work on his Cub Scout Projects. Today he is carving a bar of soap into a turtle for his Artist Pin. Payton Nicole goes to her room to play a Game Boy game. I load an educational game in the computer for Courtney. Then I go lay down with Logan, Noah, and Emma, and we all take a two-hour nap. Yes ladies, you heard it right! I take a nap! I feel better, I am not exhausted when my husband arrives home from work, and I am more patient with the children. As I get older, and the more children we have, I find the nap refreshes me! The older children know that if Mom has to get up to deal with a problem, then they are all going to bed. That has stopped any problems during Quiet Time altogether.

1:00pm-The timer goes off, and the girls switch activities. Payton Nicole is now on the computer, while Courtney has the Game Boy in the bedroom. Hunter has reset the timer for 30 minutes, and he is still working on Cub Scout projects.

1:30pm-The timer goes off again, and Hunter resets it. Hunter sits down with the Game Boy for 30 minutes, while Payton Nicole goes to read The Boxcar Children in her room, and Courtney has a project at the kitchen table to do. Courtney is coloring and cutting out paper-dolls today.

2:00pm-The timer goes off for the last time. Hunter moves to the computer for an educational game, but before his time is up he puts in a baseball game. Payton Nicole is now at the kitchen table with the paper-dolls, and Courtney has gone to the bedroom to read Heidi, but at some point she falls asleep on the bed. At 2:30 we will eat a snack and do some chores, then the children will all go outside to play.

Happy Homeschooling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home