Boyd Family Homeschool

Homeschooling many children on different levels can be a challenge. I have heard more than once, "how do you do it all?" It's called Multilevel teaching! I hope to inspire "Moms of Many" with my thoughts, ideas, trials and errors, plus discuss books, and curriculum that work for homeschooling larger families.

Name:
Location: Alabama, United States

I am the wife of a wonderful man, and a stay-at-home homeschooling Mom to 6 bright children so far. We have an awesome time with our homeschooling, and I hope I am leading my children into a love of and lifetime of learning through good books. I am also the Editor/Publisher of a Homeschool Support Group Newsletter, and a Homeschool Co-op Teacher. I teach both preschoolers, and journalism students. My journalism students put out a monthly newspaper called The Crusader.

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

10:30 am Language Arts

10:30am-We move on to Language Arts, and all that entails.

Hunter, Payton Nicole, and Courtney sit down to do their Learning Language Arts Through Literature. I use the older versions of LLATL, which you can find on Ebay and it won’t cost you a fortune. As the older children are working on their lessons, I sit down with Logan and work on his phonics. We use Phonics Pathways, and we love it! Then Logan works on his handwriting. We don’t use anything special for handwriting around here. Handwriting comes in the form of copywork, dictation,letter writing, and journals.

Emma is playing with her Dolly in the playpen again, and Noah is playing with our felt boards sets. When Noah is no longer interested in the felt boards, he moves on to Legos…his favorite toy! Logan takes over the felt boards when he is done with his work.

Payton Nicole is done with her LLATL, so then she reads to me from a Pathway Reader, then she takes a break. Hunter is the next done and he reads to me and takes a break. Courtney finishes up, and reads to me and takes a short break. Everyone takes a break, and gets a light snack.

Hunter, Payton Nicole, and Courtney then move on to spelling. We use Spelling Power. Each of the children are at a different ability level, but I test them all at the same time. I call out their name and then give them a spelling word, then move on to the next child. After we are all done with spelling, they do a Daily Gram worksheet and work in their journals. We have a cookie jar that is full of journal idea starters, and they take turns picking a topic.

Happy Homeschooling!

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

Sony Unit to Distribute Software Patch
After a chorus of criticism, Sony Corp.'s music division said Wednesday it is distributing a free ... The controversy started Monday after Windows expert Mark Russinovich posted a Web log report on how he found hidden files on his PC after playing a Van Zant CD.
For all your legal needs Check out our New texas notary public Site,

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home